Over at The Black Table Brad has listed six things you don’t know about Montana.
Here’s a little sampling (which I stole from David at Big Sky Blog).
1. No, were not all survivalist freaks. Plan a move or even a visit to Montana and the first, second and last question anyone will ask is if youre off to become an anti-technology right-wing hermit/gun nut in a rundown log cabin somewhere
2. Weve also got the countrys largest Superfund site, and its so big that to call it a site doesnt do it justice.
3. Yes, Virginia, Montana does have a speed limit!
4. Think of Montana as your home away from home. If youre rich, anyhow.
5. And so there remain, like the tingling of ghost limbs, residual rites of passage required of newbies, and these tend to revolve, Fear Factor-style, around the eating of nasties.
6. If Montana were to secede from the union to become its own sovereign nation (and dont push us, man, well do it), we would instantly become the worlds fourth-largest nuclear power.
You really should read the whole thing.